Developing a great City of Guelph....... We are proactive leaders working in our community, with integrity, by valuing (or improving) the historic, environmental, social and economic conditions for future generations ......as we leave our City better than we found it.
Our mandate is:
- to promote the development of the City of Guelph and surroundi ng area in an orderly manner
- to uphold the use of sound planning principles
- to see that development is carried out in a fair and impartial way, without discrimination and without advantage to some and disadvantage to others;
- to promote development as efficiently as possible, encouraging the economic use of land
- to co-operate with Municipal, Provincial and Federal authorities and to serve on Boards and Committees which promote and/or are in keeping with the purposes and objectives of the Association.
(GDA Founding Constitution, October 20, 1970)